Blogging makes you live around the world and provides you with lot`s of opportunities and audience.Many newbie ask how to start with blogging and what are the initial requirement to start blogging.Here we are discussing that in a new and effective way.If you just read this guide I am sure you don`t have to search anymore for “How to blog”.
When i started in the blogging,there was no school where I can learn the skills and improve this area.It was very difficult to search different topics and read e-books .Many newbie suffer the same problem.But now you don`t need to worry as this article will tell you atleast about how to start with blogging.
Stating with blogging is really tough.There are many services giving you a free service for creating a blog.The most used services are WordPress.com and Blogger.com but if you search for a “free service” you will find thousands of sites providing the service for free.I prefer you to start with WordPress because WordPress (the latest version till now is 3.3.0) is providing you a free spam protection,plug-in,already created themes,tools,nice text editor.All these together make wordpress most suitable for the newbie.You don`t require any knowledge of HTML codes , just a basic knowledge will help you starting your career as a blogger.
Steps To Start Up
- Create an account at WordPress.com.
- Select the name for the blog.It will look like yourname.wordpress.com
- Select a template or work with the default template.
Being A Blogger-
Now you have completed one step towards success in blogging.Next most important step is to start your blog and grab some audience.There is a myth or stereo type that bloggers blog about their business,their life and about their cats and pets.It`s not actually true.Bloggers today blog commercially-for earning and reviewing various gadgets.
Your blog is a mirror of you.Write what you are passionate about and what you want to say to world.Think about the reason/purpose you want to create a blog-do you want to record your daily life schedule and memories,or may be to update your family and friends while you are travelling?Or may be you want to promote your music,videos artwork or you to share your review about the tech gadgets (This is mostly done on net) or giving some classes to online students, may be a freelancing or anything you are passionate about.
Few Writing Tips For Bloggers
There are few things that you should keep in mind about writing a blog,though.On net you will see various style of writing.Some using examples to explain their article,some adding various quotations in blog article ,some adding video tutorials and lots more.There are few qualities that make your blog –perfect:
- To Be Short and Apt-Reading on-screen and off-screen is different as online readers shy away seeing the long articles .2,000 words article is very long for a blog article;diving the whole article into various parts of 300-400 words is perfect.
Paragraph style provides a nice layout to your article.
- Highlighting the Important Points-Online readers often look for the crucial stuff in articles,so the writer make various bold keywords ,making it easier for the reader.(You can see even this article as an example)
- Bullets and Numbering- Bullets and Number often make your post more managed and readable then a full paragraph article.Numbering style is preferred when you are explaining a process and bullet style is preferred when you are explaining some key points.
- External Linking – External links on your post helps your audience finding more about your topic and make your post more easy to understand
e.g. if you use some difficult word then you can link that word to its meaning or from Wikipedia.
- Mode Of Conversation- As I talked about the styles of writing above ,you can use the words like “I” and “YOU” or even use other personal words to keep readers stick to your article.
Keep Posting Regularly
There are millions of blogs across web and most of them are inactive and just making the web- a giant website store.Blogs “die” due to many reasons like “writer move away from its basic purpose of blog”,”they get busy”,”they feel like they are talking to themselves” and this is one of the poor condition for blogging.
Here are some PUSH-UP methods:-
- Scheduled Posting- Make a plan on the frequency of posting.Suppose you have chosen to write one article for a week then do follow that plan.Writing two article after leaving a week is not helpful for you to get in serious blogging.Start with a low posting rate-if you have some more time to write,it will be a pleasant surprise for your readers (than not writing for couple of weeks)
- Kick 100 Post Idea in Mind- Sit down on your couch with a pen and notebook and write the articles you are going to article in forthcoming months.You must include atleast 100 articles (figure must be high if you have more time).You can even prepare a layout that will be common to all your post (Readers love that)
- Writing In Advance –Keep upto 5 articles in your drafts ready for posting so that when you struck with some work ,your readers don`t face any problem.Wordpress.com or even blogger.com provides you post scheduling option so that your post get publish automatically in future.Now you can enjoy your vacations.
- Comment With Your Website- Keep in touch with other blogs related to your niche and comment there about your reviews and put some link of your content to get audience.Your circle will have some new friends and experience would be high too.
- Write a Guest Post- Lot`s of content rich blogs with mass audience will publish guest post to help them get some readers at their personal blogs.Check if your favorite blog have any option of “WRITE FOR US” or “Contribute here”- If you don`t see anything ,contact the author and take the permission.
Making It Short-
Just write a great content for your blog.No body will read your post if you have a poor layout or something he/she have already seen.Make it attractive,add some new keywords.I prefer you to have a “Micro-Blogging” or blogs with small article on what’s in your mind at that moment.
The time taken to read the post full,you could have set up a new blog and written 2-3 post of about 400 words.It`s really easy and fun ,and if you play right cards you will definitely earn lot from blogging.Not just you are going to earn from your Adsense revenue or the affiliate marketing, but your blog will provide potential to audience,clients , readers –a way to know about you and build a relationship with you.
Don`t hesitate to comment below about this post and give me your valuable suggestions.